- 96+/- acres
- Industrial land use
- Subdivision opportunity
- 5 miles to I-79
- Existing infrastructure
The property owner seeks to identify developers or end users interested in the acquisition and redevelopment of a former operating site located near Clarksburg, WV. The site is within driving distance of Washington, DC, Pittsburgh, PA, and other key eastern cities. A Fact Sheet on the property can be downloaded here.
- Address: Intersection of County Route 19 and B Street (aka 19/33), Spelter, WV
- Total Acreage: 96 +/- acres; approx. 53 developable acres, along with 43 restricted acres
- Tax Parcels: One parcel; subdivision possible
- Current Zoning: Land use regulated by Harrison County
- Status: Operations ceased in the early 2000s; all buildings, plant, and equipment dismantled and removed; all remediation activities completed.
Location & Access
- Region: Northern West Virginia
- Neighborhood: Riverfront industrial property; located adjacent to local Rails-to-Trails linear park
- Site Access: 5 miles to I-79
- Airport: 15 miles to North Central West Virginia Airport
- Water: AccessAdjacent to West Fork River
This former industrial property contains existing infrastructure that may be of interest to future end users.
The 96 acre property consists of approximately 53 acres available for redevelopment and 43 acres of land restricted for future use.
Subdivision opportunities potentially exist. Future use of the restricted engineered cap area for noninvasive uses, such as solar energy, laydown, or parking, may be permitted subject to approval by the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection (WVDEP).
Site remediation was completed under the WVDEP Voluntary Remediation Program in September 2016. Future use of the property is restricted to non-residential land uses and subject to ongoing land use covenants. The property is subject to groundwater use restrictions and ongoing monitoring and maintenance of certain fenced areas and the engineered cap. Monitoring and maintenance activities will be performed by the current owner through 2018, with the potential to transfer such activities to a future owner developer in 2019 and beyond.